Meet St. Peter’s University
Located in Jersey City, New Jersey, St. Peters University is one of 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States, and is the only Jesuit University in New Jersey. Inspired by the tradition of 140 years, we are proud to provide our students with the opportunity to learn opportunities, career prospects, and changing experiences of life.
Access to our bustling urban complex, our welcoming community and the country’s largest metropolitan area is a unique combination of success and it is not only possible but also incredibly powerful.
Top 100 Value-added Alumni’s Income, Brookings Institute, Metropolitan Policy Program
Bachelor Degree, Master Degree and Doctoral Degree.
The 5-year BS / MBA program is available.
Rated Crusades New York Top 10 MBA Program in New York City
Qualified faculty is here for respected in their fields. More than 90% of faculty hold doctoral or terminal degrees.
3,300 total student enrollment. Graduate student in faculty ratio is 12: 1. The average graduate category is of 14 students.
Graduates of competitive scholarship available to international students. Limited Educational Qualification Award for Undergraduate Students
The $ 6 million Mac Mahone Student Center is open to all resident and commuter students, faculty, staff and alumni.
Software 2014 opened with the real-time training and experience for the trading room industry
Environment-friendly and sustainable premises.
Students arrive in New York City in minutes with train, bus or boat.
The caring community of students, teachers and staff.
Participation is available with more than 70 clubs and organizations.
The college was chartered in 1872 and enrolled its first students at Warren Street in Jersey City on the current site of St. Peter’s Preemptory School, in its current High School section. In September 1918, the college was closed with many other Jason College and high school, because after the First World War, enrollment declined. Although the war had ended two months after its conclusion, and despite the clamour alumni, it was removed. To reopen the college till 1930. Before moving to his current location on Hudson (now Kennedy) Boulevette between Montgomery Street and Glenwood Avenue in 1936, the college was temporarily located at Newark Avenue.
Unlike other institutions in New Jersey, the school was cast aside for many years. It was first integrated in 1936 when the college had admitted its first black student. The college honoured Martin Luther King, Jr. in 1965 with the title of Divinity.
The school became co-education in 1966, though women were admitted to the school program on the evening of 1930 and due to short enrollment during World War II, 35 women groups were recruited.
Englewood Cliffs Complex saw from Manhattan
The college has tried to reach New Jersey suburbs, a satellite campus in Englewood Cliffs in St. Michael’s villa in 1975 and an extension opened in 2003 in Cardinal Macerich High School in South Ambau.
In 1975, the college created a sports complex, the Yang tile Entertainment Life Center. Beginning with the acquisition of its first residence hall in 1983, the college has converted four apartment buildings into dormitory use and has created two new dormitories.
To present 2000
In 2000, Gyan Bhawan, Vigyan Bhavan, completed renovations of $ 8.2 million.
In 2004, the long-awaited pedestrian bridge in Kennedy Boulevard added the East Campus and the West Campus. In 2006, the college started a $ 50 million capital campaign. The extension of the east side of the campus includes the new Mac Mahone Student Center completed in 2013. In it there are offices of many organizations like St Peter’s many administrative branches as well as student government organizations.
On December 24, 2006, the college’s current president, James N. Lugaran, S. J., was found dead in his house.  On May 10, 2007, the trustee board appointed Eugene J. Kornacki, PhD Appointed the 22nd President of St. Peter’s College Dr Kornakia 135-year-old Catholics are the first persons to serve as president of the Jesuit Institute.
In 2008, St. Peter was given a grant of $ 2 million from the US Department of Defense to create a microplasma science and technology centre. This grant allowed the college to expand the study of microplasma in 20 years with the help of United Water as part of its research on water purifiers. St. Peter’s graduate American senator Robert Menendez and American representative Albio Cyrus helped secure a $ 2 million grant.
After its narrow defeat in the 2008 New Hampshire presidential election, Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama made a rally at the Yinitale Center of the College.
In March 2011, it was announced that the College would handle St. Eden Church in McGunnini Square from the Archdiocese of Newark.
Kennedy is moving east on Fleetbridge campus connected to Boulevard.
In March 2012, it was announced that the college was given the university title for higher education by the State Secretary of New Jersey and thus its name will change. On August 14, 2012, St. Peter announced official change as St. Peter University on his website.
In 2013, the new Mac Mahone Student Center was completed.
In 2014 the university opened a centre for unspecified students, advised them to provide a safe place and advice, resource library, legal aid and exemption and immigration issues for them and their families.